For Sale by Owner (FSBO) vs. Listing with a REALTOR®
Even if a simple “For Sale by Owner” sign in your yard did produce a buyer knocking on your door, how will you handle the following questions:
- How does your home compare to others like it in the surrounding area?
- How did you determine the fair market value of this property?
- What about financing? Can you help?
- If I make an offer, who will draw up the paperwork?
- Why aren't you using a REALTOR®? Is there something wrong with the property?
- Since you aren't using a REALTOR®, we can take their fee right off the top, right?
Selling your home is one of the most important financial transactions you will make in your life. Don't take risks. Selling your home is nothing like selling a car. Every home is different, and every homebuyer wants to offer you as little as possible.
The REALTOR® Advantage
Almost all homes are sold using a REALTOR®. As top real estate professionals, it is our job to help you negotiate with those buyers who want something for nothing. Not to mention preparing your home for sale, marketing it locally and even nationally, and guiding you through the complex paperwork and pitfalls of escrow and closing. Make sure you are really ready to handle all of that before pounding that sign into your front yard. Errors can be extremely costly.
- For Sale By Owner (FSBO) sellers decreased in 2010 to 9%, a steady declining trend from 14% in 2003 & 2004.*
- 75% of For Sale By Owners end up listing with a REALTOR®.**
Click here for even more reasons as to why you should consider a REALTOR® to sell your home.
If you must sell your home on your own, at least let us give you a sense of its true market value. Tell us a bit about your home, and we'll do a quick complimentary Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) and let you know its market value. We will also describe, as experienced, leading REALTORS®, what we would do to sell your home..
*www.realtor.org: "Field Guide to Working with FSBOS"
**www.realtor.org: Mark Leader, founder of Leaders Choice Training Program